As new trends and ideas are hitting the gardening industry, the demand for a lot of new things in context with gardening is also skyrocketing. One such trend is the art of growing potatoes in a bag. It comes with a lot of advantages and is a fun and productive hobby to develop. The Tips For Growing Potatoes In Bags, their benefits and other things are discussed below.
Follow This Tips For Growing Potatoes In Bags
- The bags come in a lot of shapes and sizes, so the quantity or volume of potatoes will not be a problem.
- A significant advantage of these bags is they are very flexible, unlike a rigid container they can fit anywhere where a rigid container will not.
- Another added advantage is you can feel the potatoes inside with your hands and determine the right time to take them out, which is not the case in rigid containers.
- These bags are also a lot cheaper than rigid containers. These bags come in different sizes to choose from.
- If one has any plan to move at any point to some other place, these bags will be a lot easier to carry than wooden beds or rigid containers.
- During the off-season, these bags can be used to store manure for using them back in spring or summer.
Tips For Growing Potatoes In Bags
- Get the best Best Potato Grow Bags from the market.
- The bottom should be filled with soil and compost mixture.
- Then plant your seed potatoes in the mixture, make sure the seeds are of the best quality available.
- Keep the soil moist all the time.
- The sprouted potato plants need to covered with compost.
- As the soil is at the brim of the bag, let the plants to flower and die.
- Tubers that are new need to be under the soil to away from greening and sunscald.
- The bags should be in the sun.
- The soil should be moist, not soggy.
- Pests should be kept away from the bag during the process of growing potatoes.
- At times get a tuber out to see if there is any problem you need to sort.
- Start the process of harvesting as the right time arrives; that is when the fully grown plant dries out.
This way of harvesting, not only potatoes but vegetables, is new and really efficient. They do not require a lot of space and money. This way, one gets to eat homegrown organic food, which did not have to go through the harsh treatment of pesticides and insecticides. They are suitable for one’s health and serve as a productive hobby. When one grows their food, it also becomes an experience. They can be at peace knowing that the food is hand-grown by them, and they gave in utmost care to grow them. This also makes them self-dependent as they don’t need to depend on someone else for food.